Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Thinking of you today.. card

So I made this card for someone special who is in the hospital. I've been playing with these paper for two days trying to make them into cards then today I remembered the latest edition of paper crafts had a great article on different materials to make flowers from. One stood out from the rest... Recycled paper bag flowers. So I cut up a paper bag from my last trip to the store and cut out flowers from Mother's day bouquet in varying sizes 3", 2.5", 2" and 1.5". The paper I used is from DCWV's rockstar pack the stamps used came from unity stamp company "thinking about you today.." and the stitch from an unmarked close to my heart set (which means it came in a special kit), other supplies include a brad from making memories, embossing power (pumpkin and hot pink) from hampton art, brown card stock from bazzill, bubble gum ink from close to my heart and foam squares. These recycled paper bag flowers are a lot of fun, but when cutting on your cricut be extra watchful. The mat didn't like the paper bag so I used painters tape to hold it down and pushed on the paper as it was cutting just to help it stay in place. A few petals ripped when cutting but I liked them a little ripped and tattered.
Pin It Now!

No comments: