Monday, March 21, 2011

How to create: My Easter Altered Tags

This is a step by step, or as close I can do to how I made my April Altered tags.  I did this one 3 times till I liked the final product.  I took two tags and put them through my cuttle bug in an embossing envelope.  I went with the Script because it was the most fitting to the theme of Easter.  Then I took my distress ink in Wild Honey and Scattered Straw and inked them using my blending tool.   

Next I took out my Close to my Heart egg stamp set (this was a stamp of the month last year I believe)


I pick a few eggs out that I liked and stamp them with Versa mark ink on white cardstock. 

 Took my chalks and a make up sponge and picked a few pastel colors.
 Then chalked them so they looked like the ones below.
Below are all the eggs finished
 I then cut them in strips cause I find them easier to cut with my little scissors that way. 
 Then Carefully cut around the images and then up them aside. (Boy do I wish I had a video camera with the stand so I can do videos instead of all this)
 Next I dug through the scrap bins and found two brown scraps of different tones and cut them into strips with my paper cutter.  I then did I simple basket weave that was wide enough for my tag and I eyeballed the height. 
 Every Easter basket needs grass right.  So I went the scrap bin again and found two scraps of green in different tones and cut them with my scissors into very thin strips. 
 To give mine the "grass" feel I balled them up in my hands. Creating this: 
 Next up I flipped my baskets over and added adhesive in a strip on top of the basket 

 I added the grass and then added more adhesive to glue them down.  Then I layered my eggs on the tag itself about were I want them so they would poke out over the grass and basket. Followed by gluing my basket in place on top of them. Then I did all the trimming around the edges that needed to be done.  After all that I cut two strips of white cardstock and stamped Happy Easter then scored and folded them, cut "v"s on either side to create the banner look.  After I glued them on I decided they looked blah so I added some purple Stickles around the edges.  I think the came out pretty cut. 
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Peggy Beck said...

They are just that Ginger. "To darn cute!" Thanks for the instructions too. That is a lot of work to post.

rebecca said...

Those are so cute! I love those little pastel eggs!

rebeccawithanR