Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

A rose filled night

So this evening I sat down to produce some roses.  These roses will become pins and headbands for my upcoming craft fair I don't have the ribbons that I need to do the headbands at the moment or the pin pieces for the pins so now all I have to do is put the items together and glue.  The hardest part is complete.  I want to do a couple dozen more but I have cut more paper.  I'll probably do that tomorrow night after a very busy day.  Then I can do what I just did sit down and pop together some more.  Right now I'm playing with some different things to create the color.  I'm adding color to just the edges one the top three (pink, green and purple) and then the two lower pictures (purple) are glimmer misted.  The first I went heavy with the mist but the last one I went really light.  I will have to do a bunch more with glimmer mist.  I'm liking how they are coming out.  Now my fingers are covered in ink and clear accents.  Oh well.
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Tabitha said...

beautiful job! i wish u were goin to be w me tomorrow! i'm goin to be lonely wo u!

Ginger said...

i wish i could be there too maybe just maybe I will be able to stop in. I can't wait till the 22nd

Peggy Beck said...

The roses are really pretty. I know how to make them but to make so many. I don't know how you do it. I could make about two and I'd be "done". Nice job Ginger.

Ginger said...

I love doing them peggy. I just do three at the same time and if I want I walk away and do three more later. I love that they are something I can do while watching tv. I'm one of those people that i need to being doing something with my hands at all times. So that's why I find them so easy to do.

fran pascazio said...

Ginger,
Your roses with the color just on the edges look like poreclain! Love them - and I'm not a rose person! Great necklaces too! Try Ebay for buttons - one of my co-workers makes button bracelets and she buys most of her buttons from Ebay. Good luck in your search...