Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Altered Tag(s)

tags 1 and 2 side by side

Tag 1

Close up of the altered "Be mine"

Tag 2 close up

Back of tag 2

Back of tag 1
So I was inspired after completing my first tag for the Tag swap in the Vintage room, so I moved on to the next month already.  There are a lot of techniques used in this tag.  I started with a blank tag then I inked it (using the blending tool) using Tim Holtz distress inks (Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, worn Lipstick).  After letting it dry I took heart shaped paper doilies and put it half on and half off the paper then sprayed with Brick Tattered angel glimmer mist, then lifted the heart leaving the pattern on the tag.  After letting that dry I put a light coat of Distress crackle paint (clear) over the whole thing.  I let it dry before layering stamped images in Vintage Photo distress ink and stickers.  The metal "Be Mine" embellishment was originally pink with would have went fine with what I was doing but I wanted it to stand out so I used Tim Holtz idea from this years twelve tags of Christmas and painted it with white paint then covering it with embossing power (white) then heat embossing.   I think it really makes the tag more eye catching.  At the end I added Glitter glue and some ribbon and altered pompom trim ( spray with Brick and Cupid pink glimmer mist).  Now I'm moving on to March already.   Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Peggy Beck said...

How fun these look. And way ahead of schedule. I hope I get mine done for January. Anyway, these are great Ginger. Thanks for sharing.