Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Famous Women Swap

Well I know I have been MIA again.  Lots of stuff going on and I wasn't too sure if I was going to get to this months swap nor did I feel really inspired by them, which happens sometimes.  But after a lot of thought I decided to do the vintage room's Famous Woman swap.  I went with women that inspire me and that I grew up with, which is a little different cause it may not be people that the people with in the group may have picked.  I typically try to pick people that I know that other people wont choose.  So I went with Marlyn who I grow to love she is just a beautiful woman and I just love her sex appeal.  Then Madonna who I have grown up with.  A baby in the early 80s with a teen mom (when teen mom's weren't cool) I listened Madonna, Cyndi, Aerosmith the list goes on and on.  So although I don't love the "newer" Madonna I liked her earlier stuff.  And Last but not least I chose Gwen Stefani.  I love No Doubt and Gwen on her own.  I think to be honest she was one of the first female rockers I heard.  So as you can see they come together as a series with the red, black and white colors and Tim Holtz stamp images on a red painted background.  I also embellished their lips.  Marilyn with pink smooch and Madonna and Gwen with Clear accents.  I love how they came out I kinda want them for myself but that isn't what it comes down to.  The point is to swap with friends and I hope these cards find there way to someone who will enjoy them just as much as I did creating them. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Peggy Beck said...

Ginger, I like your thinking and your atc's. I like that you chose people most of us would not. Personally, had I done them it would have been Cher. That tells my age doesn't it? anyhow, great job on these pieces. Like them all.