Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Halloween fun










Well with Halloween around the corner I thought it was time to do some Halloween crafts because Halloween is my favorite holiday. So I went to Micheal's to find some pumpkins to alter and found this amazing little skull. He is paper mache (sp) so I painted him orange then went back and painted him with Tim Holtz Distress paint (my favorite). Then I took the Tim Holtz Lost and Found stamp set which I just got and used the flock of birds stamp. Then I took an inkadoo. Halloween stamp set for the Trick or treat, the spiders and the spider webs. I used some stickles to bling out the spiders. Then I took one of the wings from Tim Holtz Grunge board and painted them purple and highlighted the dot pattern with orange and green paint. When it was dry I stamped the Spider webs on them and braded them to the back of the skull.

The Pumpkin is pretty simple again it was a paper mache piece boring brown. I painted it orange then the stem with Tim Holtz distress paint. I printed some images off the Internet (they are for my use only and i looked up free images) then I modge podged them around the pumpkin. After that I search my craft room high and low for green wire I know I have somewhere. I couldn't find it so I took boring silver wire and wrapped it with green ribbon. I used clear accent to glue the ends to the wire and voila I had some pumpkin vine.

The last little project I'm working on is an experiment. I bought these really great flat poker chips to alter and the first thing I came up with is to make them into charms for necklaces so I started to play and I came up with these cute halloween pieces that I'm going to give to my little cousins for halloween. They will be double sided one side the cat that you see in the group shot and the other is going to be a monster from a K&company piece of paper I had. I think these will make cool birthday gifts for some very special artists I know. Shhhh don't tell them. lol. I have about 300 poker chips to play with so we'll see. well that is all I have to share for now. I'm going to get in some craft time tonight hopefully. I have some projects due soon. Pin It Now!

No comments: